Being a housewife does not mean closing yourself off from sources of income. Now, many housewives earn big after offering various types of products and services, both online and offline.
With the help of the internet, more and more women are able to offer their abilities into money, through blogs and social media sites.
#1: Explore your interests
Start earning extra money by knowing the things you are passionate about, or the things that interest you. Oftentimes, a hobby can turn into a source of income, especially if you have the experience or ability to back it up.
• Write down everything that interests you at the moment, or may be of interest. By writing down your interests, you'll be able to identify potential ways to earn money, or ideally, opportunities to earn money that match your interests.
• For example, if you enjoy cooking, sports, math, auto repair, or gardening, these can all be opportunities to make money.
• Also know what you really don't like doing. Even though you may sometimes be forced to do things you don't like (especially if it can earn you money), such as writing, you can use those things as a last resort.
#2: Pay attention to your experience before becoming a housewife
Experiences, such as past jobs, education, and hobbies, can also be used to figure out how to make money.
• For example, if you are a teacher (or have taught before), you can make teaching a source of income. If you have other experiences, such as the arts, office administration, writing, petting, or even babysitting, those experiences can also make you money.
#3: Know your abilities
Knowing your abilities is a good way to find earning opportunities. The ability to do things that no one else can do can open up job opportunities.
• For example, if you are good at cooking or are fluent in several languages, you can turn those skills into a source of income.
• Combine skills, interests, and experience to find potentially income-generating ideas.
#4: Be prepared to balance the activities of making money with the busyness of the household.
Busy housewives are very busy, equivalent to full employment. Making money while maintaining your status as a housewife will certainly cut your time from household activities. Pay attention to the time you're currently using, and identify activities that can be shortened to make time for work.
• For example, if you spend a few hours cleaning the house, find out what you can do less often, or ask someone else in the house to do it.
• Taking care of children takes a lot of time. You may have to leave your child in daycare or with a relative so you can work.
Choosing How to Earn Money
#1: Take a job babysitting someone else's child. Housewives usually have skills and resources that are useful to other parents. Many parents are looking for child care services, and given the high cost of daycare, you may be able to find a parent who is willing to hire a private babysitter to save money.
• Advertise your services on sites like OLX, or create posters. You can also advertise through social media, such as Facebook or Path.
#2: Become a teacher, whether online or offline. If you have certain knowledge, especially school subjects or foreign languages, that you can share, you can open a private tutoring place or course.
• To advertise private tutoring services, you can use sites like OLX, use a word-of-mouth strategy at your child's school or other schools, or market your services to neighbors.
• To teach online, you can visit sites like Tutor.com. At Tutor.com, the entire teaching and learning process is done online, and you will be paid per teaching hour. However, to teach a particular subject, you must have a university degree, and you must be able to teach at least five hours a week.
• If you know a foreign language, you can teach a language online through iTalki.com. You will be paid hourly after teaching.
#3: Sell your products. If you can create something of value, it's generally up for sale. You can sell cakes, photos, art and crafts, clothing, and a variety of other products. Once you know what you can sell, know how you can sell it.
• For beginners, using social networks is a good way to advertise your products. Create a Facebook page for your business, and upload product photos to that page. A Facebook page can help you share your activities with your Facebook friends, and maybe sell some products.
• Certain products may be sold on specialized websites. For example, sites like Shutterstock and Istock allow you to sell photos, Etsy provides a marketplace for crafts, and Raverly lets you sell knitting patterns. Plus, sites like Kaskus and OLX you can use to connect with local shoppers.
• If you're ambitious, create your own website or online store, and advertise online with tools like Google AdSense to increase the number of visitors to your store.
• Etsy.com is a craft marketplace where you can try to sell your craft. Read our guide to selling things on Etsy for more information.
#4: Become a freelance writer, or start a blog. If you can write, know a lot about a particular topic, or have experience/perspective on a subject, you can make money freelance writing or blogging.
• You can create a blog easily. Sites like Blogger.com allow you to create a free blog, or you can use a program like WordPress for around $50 per month. Making money from a blog can be quite difficult because the money you get depends on the number of blog readers.
• You can also earn money by being a freelance writer/editor. For beginners, find a job as a freelance writer from sites like Elance or Textbroker because generally the salaries offered are not large. Another way to find work as a freelance writer is to look for vacancies in the writer's vacancies column, use sites like freelancewriting.com, or even provide article ideas for publication.
Considering Alternative Options for Earning Income
#1: Consider starting with coupons. Sometimes, income does not always come from greater income, but it can also come from reduced expenses. Using coupons and promotions with certain strategies can increase your income. Find and collect coupons to reduce the cost of everyday living.
• Coupons can be found from a variety of sources, such as the Sunday newspaper. You can also print a coupon from a site like Lakupon, or the site of the manufacturer of the product you are planning to buy.
• You can use your phone to find coupons and match them to promotions in your area. One app that is quite popular is Dealoka, which lets you find promotions in your area and print coupons for those promotions.
#2: Earn money from your activities in cyberspace. Some sites will pay you for activities such as searching for information, watching videos, completing surveys, shopping online, or playing games. Visit sites like Swagbucks and Ebates to find the latest information on how to make money online.
• Swagbucks allows you to earn Swagbucks currency while performing activities from within their site. Swagbucks can be exchanged for cash or vouchers . For example, when you spend a dollar shopping through a Swagbucks store (which provides products from thousands of major stores), you will receive one Swagbucks, which equals 1% cash back.
• Ebates offers the same cashback scheme, but is narrower in scope than Swagbucks. You can only shop through Ebates, while Swagbucks offers many other activities.
• Apart from Ebates and Swagbucks, there are many other sites that offer money for online activities. Use a search engine to find it.
• Don't buy stuff just to profit from the site. Research before buying to make sure you really need the product you are buying, then find the cheapest product.
#3: Make product reviews on the internet. Various product review sites will pay you directly, or offer product discounts after you have written a product review. Use a search engine like Google to find product review sites.
• Usertesting.com is a popular site that allows you to review online sites and apps. After creating a review, you will be paid via PayPal. Although there is a limit to the income you can earn through this site, you can still earn extra money.
• Snagshout.com is another popular site that allows you to get huge discounts on products purchased through Amazon, if you write product reviews immediately after receiving them. The discount you get can reduce household expenses.
#1: Make a schedule. Once you choose a way to earn extra money, you will generally have less time. If you have children or other responsibilities, you must manage your time carefully. Making a schedule and managing time is the most important step in time management.
• Set aside time each day to make money the way you choose. To set aside time, write down your daily activities each day (as detailed as possible), with an allocation of time for each activity. Try to find free time, or a less busy time, to work.
#2: Eliminate unnecessary activities if you have trouble finding free time. Unnecessary activities are activities that can be eliminated without serious effects. Unconsciously, many people spend a lot of time doing unnecessary activities. 
• Watch yourself for a day. You may spend an hour on Facebook every day, or two hours watching TV. While completely quitting both isn't healthy because you need a break, you might be able to cut your TV viewing time to an hour or Facebook to half an hour.
• The free time you set aside can be used to do more productive things.
#3: Set daily, weekly, and monthly goals to better manage your time and prevent yourself from doing unnecessary things. Make a list of things you want to get done each day. For example, if you decide to babysit, try setting a goal of "advertising every day."
• You can make a target at any time, as you wish. If you're using a daily goal, setting aside 10 minutes at night to plan for tomorrow is a good strategy.
• Keep goals in an easily accessible place so you can stay focused on your work, and prevent you from doing things you don't need.